Status: Hourly, Full-Time
Shift: Sunday through Thursday
Hours: 3pm - 10 or 11pm
Location: 5370 S. Cicero Ave., Chicago, IL
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here:
About this job:
As the Pick Pack Lead you know the rules and motivate the team to achieve their goals. Your positivity and team spirit will guide/create a high performing team to meet the ever increasing demands of a rapidly growing company.
- This job is exciting because you’re one of the managers-on-duty in the evenings. You’ll help set the tone for the shift and be present to assist trouble-shooting.
- Oversee the pick pack process, which consist of working on a gravity conveyor and picking a unique mix of items using pick tickets, putting it into the crates, and sending it down the line to the next person who will pick the next set of items, as well as overseeing the tools and equipment
- Responsible for tracking the data from the night and using this information to motivate the team. Your data will allow you to measure success or identify opportunities for improvement.
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least 1 year of supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite to track metrics
- Experience working in a refrigerated environment is a plus, but is not required
- Leadership. You are an inspirational leader who knows how to motivate teams and maintain morale.
- Improvement Oriented. You know your team is doing a good job; however, you keep track of data so that others can understand their performance too. You use this data as an insight into potential improvement.
- Confidence. You know your job and your demeanor inspires your teams to trust you.
- Humility. You appreciate everyone and the contributions that they make. The work of others is just as valuable as your own.
- Flexibility. You can pivot quickly as needed and it doesn’t bother you. In fact, you see these changes as fun challenges to conquer.
- Positive. You’re the sort of person who is a joy to be around. You smile and lift people up when they’re feeling down.
- Traditional benefits for full-time hourly – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy.
- Daily Farmer’s Fridge meal provided
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: